Wednesday, July 8, 2009

CP3 Grants a Wish

Catch Chris Paul on SportsCenter tonight (July 8) about 6:35 pm as he is featured on the "My Wish" segment of the show. Chris and his family granted the wish of Cole Johanson, a 10-year-old from Portland, OR who is stricken with a rare form of cancer known as Burkitt’s Lymphoma.

Cole’s wish came true when he and his family traveled to Paul’s hometown of Winston-Salem, N.C., to spend some time with his hero. Paul took Cole to see his childhood home, played some one-on-one at Paul’s alma mater of West Forsyth High School and wrapped up the day with lunch at the Olive Garden, Cole’s favorite restaurant. Said Cole of the experience: “It’s amazing how cancer was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but the day I met Chris Paul was the best day of my life.”

Click here for more on ESPN's "My Wish" series.